Pages

Wednesday 2 November 2011

New Laptop!

Yesterday I decided it was finally time to purchase a new laptop. My now old one was in perfect working condition, runs like it's now however, the mouse button fell in. It still works, you just have to pick it back out once in a while so it can be pressed again. It was getting rather annoying! Other than the mouse the only other thing you could consider wrong with the old Toshiba is the hinges (I think that's the best way to describe it) were getting lazy and the screen would fall forward once in a while. If I had fixed those two issues it would be like new!

It was quite the experience Laptop Shopping in Red Deer. Everywhere I went was out of everything I liked, or their service was complete crap. First I went to best buy, they were out of the one I had wanted but the sales associate was awesome! He answered all of my questions and showed me computers they had that were almost identical to the one I had wanted originally. I couldn't decide what to do,so I stopped by Future Shop and Staples. Both the sales associates at both stores were awful! Neither of them answered any questions or provided any useful information, I left in a cranky mood.

My next stop on my journey was to good ol' Wal-Mart. I'd checked out their website earlier in the day and found a Toshiba Quad Core, 2.3ghz and 4gb of ram on sale for 398.00. (It has many other features, I just don't feel like typing them all!). The guy at Best Buy also recommended this particular computer to me. He said it was better then most of the ones he had available.  So I decided the Toshiba from Wal-Mart was the one I wanted. Of course... BOTH Wal-Mart's in Red Deer were sold out. (They probably only had one to start with). Thankfully, the Sylvan Lake store had one left and put it on hold for me. I went straight there and picked it up!

My adventure to get a new laptop took over 3 hours. I think the lesson learned here is: Don't try to buy anything in Red Deer because no one will have it!

I've been using my new laptop since yesterday evening,and I'm in love with it! It's a little smaller than my old laptop which I'm actually really loving! It's a lot lighter and easier to move about. It's super fast and I'm loving the Windows 7 operating system! :) I think I made the right decision and can't wait to see how it does once I start doing a ton of school stuff on it. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment